Stocking For A 10gal

thrankall

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sacramento CA
I am getting a 10gal us for free with an ottocinclus and a filter and everything and i was wondering what else to put in it. any suggestions?
 
POwer filter or undergravel?

Add sand. ;)

2 more otos would be the standard response... though the thread asking if they were really social or gregarious (otos, that is) never got a definitive answer that I know about.

Other than that, you could probably get some neons once the tank is cycled, perhaps a male betta. Platies and guppies would do ok in there as well.
 
POwer filter or undergravel?

Add sand. ;)

2 more otos would be the standard response... though the thread asking if they were really social or gregarious (otos, that is) never got a definitive answer that I know about.

Other than that, you could probably get some neons once the tank is cycled, perhaps a male betta. Platies and guppies would do ok in there as well.


its already cycled i think its my friends. Hes giving it to me because he doesnt want it anymore oh and its a power filter How many neons could i have?
 
I'd say 10 could be easily done with weekly water changes.

Also, make sure not to transfer the tank with the water in it. Get two or three buckets and move over the water, that way you get some of the old water, along with the cycled media. ;)
 
I'd say 10 could be easily done with weekly water changes.

Also, make sure not to transfer the tank with the water in it. Get two or three buckets and move over the water, that way you get some of the old water, along with the cycled media. ;)


hmm ok thank you
 
2 more otos would be the standard response... though the thread asking if they were really social or gregarious (otos, that is) never got a definitive answer that I know about.

Could you point me in the direction of that thread?

I find that my otos do enjoy each other's company. They often swim about together. I believe that in the wild they are found in huge numbers together. I would definitely add a couple more to the tank.
 
2 more otos would be the standard response... though the thread asking if they were really social or gregarious (otos, that is) never got a definitive answer that I know about.

Could you point me in the direction of that thread?

I find that my otos do enjoy each other's company. They often swim about together. I believe that in the wild they are found in huge numbers together. I would definitely add a couple more to the tank.


will do :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top