Stocking For 14 Gallon Tank

Assaye

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Location
York, UK
I have a 14 gallon (65 litre) tank with 7 neon tetras, 4 cories and a shrimp. I'm planning to put my cories into my 23 gallon tank in a couple of weeks.

I'd really like to take the opportunity for a few schools of smaller fish, such as a few more neons, guppies, endler's, maybe some ruby/ember tetras and some geen neon tetras.

The tank is fully mature and cycled, and very well planted.

How many more fish could I fit in this tank? It's looking pretty empty at the moment.
 
How mature is mature? If its an oldish tank I think I would have 10 neons and 10 green neons 3 dark substrate good tangly roots and some valis or grass type plants and a black background would look awsome.
 
if you put guppies and endlers in the same tank they will cross breed, unless it is all males of course lol

i have a similar sized tank i have just set up and i am putting guppies in but dont know what else yet
 
Here's a photo of it -

DSC02865.jpg


It's quite square so is much bigger than it looks.

I'm not going to change the planting much - I'll add more but I'm not going to huck it all out and rescape it.

The filter has been going since June, the tank has been set up like this since mid July. So not old, but no fluctuations in pH/ammonia/nitrite and nitrate always keeps pretty low.
 
Id get some more neon tetras, some wcmm and mabey some pearl danios.


good luck and happy fishkeeping!
 
Id get some more neon tetras, some wcmm and mabey some pearl danios.


good luck and happy fishkeeping!

Not keen on WCMM and danios, tbh.

Might boost my neon tetra school to 10 (so add 3 more), and then get a small school of endlers/fancy guppies and a small school of either green neon/ruby/ember. I'll add slowly to make sure I'm not over stocking or overloading the filter.

Opinions?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top