Stocking A New Tank..

Hawkins

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,340
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
United Kingdom
Im hoping to get a bigger tank soon (atleast 90L) my budget is £250.. whatever the best i can get


i like these fish, just wondering if there would be any issues:

angelfish
guppys / endlers
tiger barbs
rummy nose tetra
cherry barb
some catfish

im thinking the only problem would be fin nipping with the guppies and endlers

but i have a 30L with
2 endler, a guppy, 3 rummy nose, 2 cherry barb, 2 catfish in at the moment, so i could leave the guppy and endler in there and just move the cherry barbs and rummy noses, and get more of them.

any suggestions welcome

thanks
 
You must get rid of the tiger barbs because they are fin nippers. The 2nd problem is that guppies and angels dowsnt work together they will kill each others. U can have some tetras and guppies and some cories.
 
Yep in a 90L I wouldnt add tiger's with the Angels, tigers need to be in large shoals to stop their nipping, in large shoals they leave everyone else alone and confine their aggression to themselves.

I would also say that providing the tank is at least 18" high it will be ok for one angel, but if it isnt, then leave the angel out.
 
I have kept Angels with guppys fine... not 1 single time did they chase the guppys, and the guppies were added after the angels had been in the tank for about a month or so.
 
Angelfish prey on Tetras so i wouldnt keep them togther, unless there were large Tetras. If you keep them togther all may be fine untill one day you notice that the Tetras and Guppys are slowly dwindling, which you will find out is the Angels preying on them.
 
Well rummy nose tetras are larger than neons so they should be okay. I wouldn't add either tiger barbs or angels. Angels, because they need an 18" tall tank, and tiger barbs because they are a very active fish and I think they need a 29g minimum. I would stick with rummy nose tetras and cherry barbs. Also, what kind of catfish do you have?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top