Stocking a 50g tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

austin duke

Reaction score
Just got a 50g tank and don't know what to stock, thinking about a darker sand and a treasure theme, is there anything wrong with Golden gaorimi, silver dollar fish(gold and silver coins theme) and a larger white bichir, (white protector) if so can I have a suggestion what to think about insted

Welcome to TFF.

First thing is to pin down your water parameters; do you know the GH (general or total hardness) and pH of your source (tap) water?

Second, what are the tank dimensions?

Gold gourami has some issues, as indeed do Silver Dollars. But I'll wait for the above data before getting into this.

Welcome to TFF.

First thing is to pin down your water parameters; do you know the GH (general or total hardness) and pH of your source (tap) water?

Second, what are the tank dimensions?

Gold gourami has some issues, as indeed do Silver Dollars. But I'll wait for the above data before getting into this.

I do not know, I do have testing stuff coming in too to weekly log everything. all I got from my water company was this graph aswell

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190206-202323.png
    Screenshot_20190206-202323.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 212
I do not know, I do have testing stuff coming in too to weekly log everything. all I got from my water company was this graph aswell

They are more interested in contaminants (naturally), so perhaps you could call them? Make sure you get the number and their unit of measurement (degrees G, degrees Clark, ppm, mg/l, or whatever).

They are more interested in contaminants (naturally), so perhaps you could call them? Make sure you get the number and their unit of measurement (degrees G, degrees Clark, ppm, mg/l, or whatever).
I will tommorrow I guess, they closed 15 min ago

Actually called up a guy close by and asked him to do a test for me and he said his tap was pH 7.69 and GH 205

Actually called up a guy close by and asked him to do a test for me and he said his tap was pH 7.69 and GH 205

The GH of 205, what unit of measurement? It is unlikely to be dGH so presumably it is mg/l or ppm (these two are the same) which would equate to 11 dGH. Moderately hard water.

The GH of 205, what unit of measurement? It is unlikely to be dGH so presumably it is mg/l or ppm (these two are the same) which would equate to 11 dGH. Moderately hard water.
Correct

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back