Sterilising After A Death

So my betta died of, I think, mouthrot yesterday [URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=307648&hl="]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=307648&hl=[/URL]
What's the best way to treat the tank? I started a course of myxazin, should I continue with that? Or is it a full strip down and clean? If so, what do I do with the filters?
Thanks
Sorry about your fish, Ellena.

Will myxazin kill all the good bacteria or just some of it? If so, I would start over by cleaning the tank and replacing the filter media and then do a fishless cycle. Sounds like a pain, I know. I treated my guppies for callamanus and still do not know if the meds worked (because it can take months for the symptoms to come back), but if the meds don't prove to have worked, I plan to start the tank again from scratch just to be on the safe side.

Best of luck.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top