Step By Step Guide To A Moss Wall

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hey, this idea sucks, don't try it lol

I've heard a similar idea to this before, only instead of the grid a tight mesh chicken wire was used. It must have been a plastic net though.....

Yeah, the grid on top doesn;'t work too well cuz the holes are too small, takes to long to see any decent growth. Like seriously, a long time. And it looks sparse. Maybe cutting the holes larger or something might work.

i've had some java moss sandwiched between two peices of mesh for a while also and not much has happened. Been in there for at least 6 weeks and all thats happened is around 4 strands per cm of java moss are poking through, just over a cm long. They arn't creating a wall as expected. had much much better results from slapping the java moss on a rock then putting a net that came with some Oranges from the supermarket over it... got a right big clump grown.

i think i might try this in my 35g, ultimate java moss! hahahaha.

but i think that the moss at the bottom would get cut out of the light. and also my lights are the in the center of the top so the top of the back wall might not get as much light.

wouldnt this mess up the fish? i mean theyd have java moss growing out of ever direction and in time they would go nuts?

I was thinking of trying some kind of moss wall but then i thought about what was said about the light at the bottom and i figured you could maybe angle the wall and created caves in the space at the bottom.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back