Step By Step Guide - Riccia And Java Moss

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

thankyou this is just what i needed!
ordered java moss a couple of days ago so should arrive tomorrow, going to attempt a full carpet.
thanks again

i ordered some riccia fluitans of ebay tuesday morning, should be here tomorrow!

i paid £4.98 including p&p

i will be getting a 10cmx12cm piece, is that a good deal?

;)

Baguuuu

well its in my tank on the roof of my slate cave and another bit attached to slate on the sand.

okay, i got my riccia today

i broke it apart, its in a tub floting on the surface in my tank, with tank water in...

will it need any agitation?

bagu ;)

thanks for help mate

its thickened already! and its not even been a week ;D

I just ordered some Fissidens Splachnobryoides moss online. Would this method work with this kind of moss as well?

right

after a week i tied it to slate

its been their for a few days, but it still isn't as lush green =/, and not growing as much as i wanted it to

its got CO2, no NPK though =/

its not dead...yet

ive ordered some java moss, ill try that as a carpet plant ;)

right

after a week i tied it to slate

its been their for a few days, but it still isn't as lush green =/, and not growing as much as i wanted it to

its got CO2, no NPK though =/

its not dead...yet

ive ordered some java moss, ill try that as a carpet plant ;)

I have heard adding extra K helps riccia to grow. NOt sure though but still no NPK cant be doing it too much good.

This thread has helped me no end, and after about an hour i have managed to attach my java moss to my slate caves, im a little worried my shrimps might pull it off though, time will tell i suppose!

Laura

Thanks for this helpful guide! I'm going to try this on a piece of slate rock that I have. :)

I just received my fissidens moss. Can I attach it to a log instead of a piece of slate (I have no slate)?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back