Starting With Co2

Murphys-Law

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I have finally got a 14lb CO2 bottle (£7.50) I have a regulator, needle valve, bubble counter and drop checker. - I have a short length of proper tubing and plenty of normal silicone tubing I do not yet have a solenoid, none return valve, or diffuser. However, I do have a nice venturi and an eheim hobby pump (600lph)

Can I use this set up as is or is more stuff needed? I was planning to do a simple loop through a Lily pipe inlet - to pump - through the venturi and back to my Lily pipe outlet. Will this create too much back pressure, will I need to make a shunt - Will the suction from the venturi make more gas come through than I had planned, will the bubble counter be affected???? I seem to remember that the eheim pumps do not like back pressure, is this true? So many questions - I'm sorry

My tank is about 65 gallons UK (hard to be precise as it has rounded corners ) but is overly deep (about 28") The lighting is 39watt T5 X4 open topped and the filtration is Tunze TS at 1500lph. The substrate is Blagdens pond soil topped with an SMS type stuff mixed with Eco Complete to give it weight, the plants in it are doing well anyway (by my standards thus far). I have read up on but do not yet fully grasp the EI concept and so have not yet started fertilising. The planting is heavy - Hence the larger pump I use and stuff is already coming up where it was not planted, or planned to for that matter. My water is KH4, ph 7.5 NH3 = 0, NO2 =0 and NO3 = 0. I have tried to get the Nitrates up a little but the Biopots just keep eating it up over a few hours - They have an anaerobic area that is obviously working well.

Any pointers or advice would be welcomed

Most reactions

trending

Back