Stand suitable for 26 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looks like all the weight would only be supported a 4 screws, don't think I would trust it.

The top of that cupboard is attached at the side to the cupboard sides. You need something where the sides are underneath the top. Look at photos of stands made to go with aquariums and you'll see they are all made with the sides underneath the top. I know this isn't the dimensions you need (and I wouldn't trust those thin legs) but compare the way it is put together with the cupboard in your link http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...ards/lixhult-cabinet-metal-grey-art-70328669/

The top of that cupboard is attached at the side to the cupboard sides. You need something where the sides are underneath the top. Look at photos of stands made to go with aquariums and you'll see they are all made with the sides underneath the top. I know this isn't the dimensions you need (and I wouldn't trust those thin legs) but compare the way it is put together with the cupboard in your link http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...ards/lixhult-cabinet-metal-grey-art-70328669/

If I were to find something where the top is attached to the bottom would that be fine? If I were to have an overhang of 1cm depth wise, would that matter?

Do you mean if the top overhung the sides by 1 cm? That's fine, most aquarium stands are like that. Provided the sides are sturdy enough to take the weight of the tank plus water.
But if you mean if the tank overhangs the top of the stand, then no. The tank must be supported to the very edge. You can get round that by putting a thick piece of waterproof wood between the stand and tank, wood that the same size or bigger than the tank.

I under than that one says a max load of 70kg but I'm sure it can handle more than that.

Are you willing to bet on a smashed tank with water fish plants and substrate all over the floor if it cant?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back