Spraybars

Now that would be a waste!

LMAO my little boy (4) just declared that santa was on his way because it was snowing! Cant get him to understand that just because we have snow does not mean the fat beared fella is bringing him toys tonight :lol:

Haha, you'll have to put the xmas tree up now :hyper:

Thanks fife, im going to wait til tomorrow now
 
What a good idea! :)

In fact I have all the presents already, just bring crimbo forwards 9 weeks, be the first white xmas I can remember :D
 
Haha, you'll have to put the xmas tree up now :hyper:

Thanks fife, im going to wait til tomorrow now
[/quote]

no problem :good:
 
I'm gonna rain in on the parade, but pointing out that in many cases, water conditioner isn't nessisary, just a preacaution. Have a read through this thread for a deatailed explanation from Andywg about why it isn't needed, and Mikeos's account of not using conditioner for may years, while keeping discus, one of the most fussy fish about water quality :good: The important bits are quoted below though;

The chlorine dose in water pipes is not meant to handle a colony anywhere near the size of what we have. Once a colony is mature then it can appears able to resist the chlorine in tap water (assuming the chlorine stays in the water long enough to get to the colony rather than gassing off).

On top of this is the research that bignose found which appears to indicate that our filter bacteria seem to be able to feed on the amine part of chloramine and then allow the chlora part to off gas

All the best
Rabbut
 
Rabbut is completely accurate about the idea of not using dechlorinator many years ago. I kept fish at that time and we just aired the water for a day or so. We also did not need to deal with chloramine as it was not around at the time and no proper fishkeeper would ever change much water if he wanted a healthy tank. Today's water changes were as unheard of as dechlorinator back then so I'm not sure that is a very good comparison to make. I am sure that many people have gotten away with not using dechlorinator but I am trying to do things right with the information that I have so I use it now and I do water changes now.
 
HMm, to take care of chlorine, I use an expired pitcher-type wwater filter and carbon+zeolite. I use it also for rainwater.
 
with spray-bars you can easly manipulate with flow power with dooing something like that: witch basically is strip cut out from a plastic bottle which is fixed to spray bar by 2 elastic straps. If your bar is right by the surface you can cut out bottle to the shape so part of it is actually above the surface and when the bar sprays water it mixes oxygen with water :)



DSC05607.JPG

DSC05608.JPG
 

Most reactions

Back
Top