If you are keeping tree frogs than they don't need much water. Most people have a shallow bowl in their tank and let them splash about in that. They also use a plant sprayer and mist the tank once or twice a day. Tree frogs live in trees and only go to ponds to breed.
I agree. But I wonder if the OP is hoping to have an ecosystem in his tank.
It would be great if KingofthePisces could put some pictures (photos or diagrams) of what is going to be built.
If the intention is to have tree frogs living on a island in the middle of the tank, then there needs to be a lot of height of plant matter above the water. So not a tank with a lid. I dont think it would be suitable to have just a few twigs and branches above the water line. These frogs like thick green growth and plenty of space around. Plus they need some places to catch crickets/flies for their dinner.