Splitter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Is there some sort of secret for using a splitter, an air pump, and two lines, one free on the end, the other hooked up to a small foam bubbler filter?
Help.

I'm not sure what you mean by one free on the end, but.....

You can get a gang valve that hangs on the back of your tank and you can run multiple lines as needed and adjust airflow as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by one free on the end, but.....

You can get a gang valve that hangs on the back of your tank and you can run multiple lines as needed and adjust airflow as well.
One is just the end with one of those blue air stones.

Without a gang valve, air will go to the end of line with the least resistance. You need a gang valve. Then you can regulate how much air goes to each line.

Get a plastic T-piece and a couple of plastic taps. Put a tap on at least one airline so you can control the airflow.

Thanks, everybody !
I will reevaluate tomorrow. In the meantime my fish will be okay, I hope, in their 6g with just the filter going for the night.
Also, if I pinch one of the lines I can get bubbles from both lines.

One line is in a 2.5g QT tank that I'm running with a rudimentary sponge filter/bubbler. The other line that I wanted to keep going-at least at half strength-goes to my Furcata tank. I use a filter on one side, for filtering and slower current, and the bubbler on the other side because they like the bubbles!

So no bubbles tonight for established tank and sponge filter running in QT tank.

I have a feeling a clamp of some sort will help, I just didn't want any mishaps over night! I really want a nice group of these. I have 2m 4f already and getting really frisky. One Male and 3 females and in the QT tank. 10 healthy Rainbow Furcatas would be SWEET!

Fold the airline and put a rubber band, hair scrunchy, etc over the airline to to keep the airline slightly kinked. Monitor for an hour or so to make sure air keeps flowing through it.

Or put a couple of pegs on the airline to squish it down a bit and reduce the air flow going to the tank with the bubbles.

If you have the water level the same depth in both tanks, there will be more chance of getting air in both tanks.

Fold the airline and put a rubber band, hair scrunchy, etc over the airline to to keep the airline slightly kinked. Monitor for an hour or so to make sure air keeps flowing through it.

Or put a couple of pegs on the airline to squish it down a bit and reduce the air flow going to the tank with the bubbles.

If you have the water level the same depth in both tanks, there will be more chance of getting air in both tanks.
I'll be doing this first thing in the morning!

Most reactions

trending

Back