Special orders.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WalMart = fish hell

IMO,I do not and would not recommend getting fish from Wal Mart...I have never seen a Wal Mart fish dept that looked half way decent..

I've purchased lots from WalMart. Those lived, the ones from the overpriced (and scummy) pet store all died.

I didnt even know they'd special order anything.

I have a few sailfins from walmart.

I didnt know you could order from them either. I must check this out! :thumbs:

only thing with walmart is you really have to have a REALLY good look at the fish and check all possible signs of disease or injury before bying.

steve

I personally would order fish online before I ever considered buying another fish from wal mart. I bought one and it killed my whole tank in two days. The girl that was working in the fish section the next time I went in told me never to buy their fish that alot of people have problems with them. She also said that most of the time the people working in that dept. know nothing about fish.

I completely agree with phoenix wal mart = fish hell

As you can see from my signature I only support small local shops. Walmart is running enough independents out of business because people could care less about quality and service anymore, as long as the fish are cheap. I'll pay my overpiced and trustworthy lfs what they ask any day before buying bargain fish from walmart.

That said, it's not fair to generalize all walmarts as one, some take better care of their fish department then others. Go judge your local store for yourself rather then making assumptions. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back