Spawning mops colour

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nik_n

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I recently got a group of 5, 1 male and 4 female, fortailed rainbofish. I haven't kept any rainbows before, so I was excited to try them out. They really seem to appreciate the planted community setup, shared by 5 corrydora's two plecos and 4 ottos. I been feeding a mixed diet, and doing frequent cool wanter changes in hopes of spawning corries and bps.

I added a spawning map in hopes that the rainbows lay some eggs, as I hope to breed these fish. I followed the aquarium coop guide, used 100% acrylic yarn, however I could not find the dark green colour. The closest thing I found was this colour (see picture).

I constructed a mop from it, as I saw some eggs being laid in the plants. It's worth mentioning that I added the mop in the afternoon, not morning and I heard rainbows usually spawn in the morning. My plan is to leave the mop in overnight and pull it an hour after the lights go on.

I haven't seen the fish show any interest in the mop, but they swim around it. I positioned it in the flow as I heard this may increase the chance of the fish spawning in the mop.

So my questions are;
Would this colour work for rainbows and other species?
Any tips or tricks on breeding forktails?

Attachments

• m.jpg
    m.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back