Sparkling Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishstix

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How are these fish for a community tank? Are they easy to care for? What numbers should they be kept in? Do most LFS' carry them?

Sparkling gouramis are good fish for a community tank, if you don't have any tankmates that are overally aggressive or will chase them (as they stay very small). They aren't hard to care for, if you keep their water very clean and supplement their diet with small live and frozen foods (daphnia, etc). I'd suggest keeping at least a trio if possible, they like buddies and will be more out in the open if they have them. Unfortunately, most lfs don't carry them (at least not around here). Good luck! Let us know if you get some. :thumbs:

i only saw them once at my lfs for 2.98 and the were mostly very very small 1 inch or less with clenched fins only maybe 3 at 1.5 inches very drab looking.

I've only seen pictures of Sparkling Gourami's so i wouldn't feel comfortable ordering them online. I like to know what i'm paying for.

slamster17 said:
i only saw them once at my lfs for 2.98 and the were mostly very very small 1 inch or less with clenched fins only maybe 3 at 1.5 inches very drab looking.
Yes, they are very small fish. They don't grow very big, but that is part of their appeal!! :thumbs: Also, they are FAR from drab when healthy and happy. Mine is just stunning - under the lights she is light up like Christmas, with blue eyes and green and red spangles. I think they're beautiful. :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Back