Sparkling Gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Platy lover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Could I get a few sparkling gourami's or would my dwarf gourami kill them?

From my experience they should be fine together. What size tank though? which spp dwarf gourami?

From my experience they should be fine together. What size tank though? which spp dwarf gourami?
Its a 29 gallon 30-3/16"L x 12-1/2"W x 18-3/4"H and its just a regular blue and orange DG

I would expect a bit of fighting due to territorial issues, I myself was told right before I purchased my sparklers that when they are with aggresive, intimidwting fish that they can become just as aggresive from an experienced fish keeper. And due to the fact of dwarf gouramis being classed as those intomidating fish they will become very stressed, as will the Dwarf gourami due to the fact of all those fish being somewhat territorial, intimidating fish. They will most likely fight as the surface area isnt that large

I would expect a bit of fighting due to territorial issues, I myself was told right before I purchased my sparklers that when they are with aggresive, intimidwting fish that they can become just as aggresive from an experienced fish keeper. And due to the fact of dwarf gouramis being classed as those intomidating fish they will become very stressed, as will the Dwarf gourami due to the fact of all those fish being somewhat territorial, intimidating fish. They will most likely fight as the surface area isnt that large
/
If I get a few black kahuli loaches would my DG leave them alone

What type of substrate do you have? They ideally prefer to have sand, as they can bury, and sift through the sand. Are you aware that black kuhli loaches are schooling fish and that you ideally should purchase around 6-8 minimum, or else they won't be as personality filled and confident to come out. And yes, kuhli loaches are typically a compatible fish to be placed in the same habitats as Dwarf Gouramis, also kuhli's prefer lots of places to hide so it would be ideal if you. Old provide lots of ground cover, caves and a piece of drift wood

What type of substrate do you have? They ideally prefer to have sand, as they can bury, and sift through the sand. Are you aware that black kuhli loaches are schooling fish and that you ideally should purchase around 6-8 minimum, or else they won't be as personality filled and confident to come out. And yes, kuhli loaches are typically a compatible fish to be placed in the same habitats as Dwarf Gouramis, also kuhli's prefer lots of places to hide so it would be ideal if you. Old provide lots of ground cover, caves and a piece of drift wood
My substrate is smooth river rock but I was thinking of switching it out for sand

Yes. They should be fine as long as the gravel is not tough and feels like a fine substance when rubbed between your fingers
Its like a smooth river river rock. My clown pleco digs into it so I think they will be fine

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back