Sparkling Gourami Pair in 25L?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gilltyascharged

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So, recently I've been considering getting Parosphromenus sp. or Bettas (splendens OR wild-type) for my 25L. However, the option of sparkling gourami have been somewhat of a mystery to me--while some sources say that they have a breeding pair who's been thriving in their 2.5 gallon (apparently so heavily planted that it can take up to 20 minutes to find both fish), others insist that these are highly social fish who do better in groups of 4-6 minimum in a 20gal. Is it a good idea to keep a pair in a 25L, or is it too tight of a fit? I never want to keep a fish in an environment that they'll find lacking--while this species isn't necessarily the highest on my list right now, I still am curious if I could open my doors (well, tank lid) to these little guys in the future.

Current sparkling gourami (Trichopsis pumila) keepers, what do you think?

Be careful of what you read, or videos you watch. Anyone can write a website/make a video with no knowledge whatsoever yet sound convincing. Always look at who wrote it/made the video. There's a lot of rubbish out there.

This is one of the best websites
Thanks for the reminder! While I always try to steer clear of websites (I've gotten into the habit of going straight to the forum), the two primary examples I listed above were actually posts FROM various threads---the 2.5g one was from a FishLore thread where the person claimed to have had a long-term breeding pair, whilst the other was from our very own Byron. Gotta love SeriouslyFish---other than a few discrepancies with links and whatnot, always a great source of information. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back