SOS betta sick I think HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Honey Fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
betta fish laying on bottom of tank all levels seem to be ok no signs of illness ammonia was a bit high added ammonia lowering treatment thing seems to raise ammonia is alive gills moving I KNOW THE TANK IS WAY TO SMALL HE IS MY 76 year old dads his a terrible 1.6 gallon please help already talked to a vet

picture and new food picture also a few weeks ago we changed the filter to a stronger one but removed it yesterday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 75
betta fish laying on bottom of tank all levels seem to be ok no signs of illness ammonia was a bit high added ammonia lowering treatment thing seems to raise ammonia is alive gills moving I KNOW THE TANK IS WAY TO SMALL HE IS MY 76 year old dads his a terrible 1.6 gallon please help already talked to a vet
Okay...
So what is the 'ammonia lowering treatment' you are using?
I see no heater in that water and he needs to be at a steady temperature of 76℉ at an absolute minim, up to 85℉ max.

That plastic box doesn't seem to reflect any of the advice you've so far been given.
He'll be feeling very exposed and so needs some pond weed, at the very least, to give him a sense of security.

So what did the vet say?

It's the father's fish, and he may not want to take any notice of anything we say :(

It's trying to get through to some people that's the problem. The majority of people who post on here are willing to accept advice (note, I did say majority, not all) but the owner of this tank isn't a member and probably sees nothing wrong. He will take some convincing.

It's trying to get through to some people that's the problem. The majority of people who post on here are willing to accept advice (note, I did say majority, not all) but the owner of this tank isn't a member and probably sees nothing wrong. He will take some convincing.
That is up to the OP to do what is right.

Have you ever tried to convince your father that he needs to change something he believes is right? That's not always easy. The OP can try to their best to change his mindset but it may not work (leaving fishnapping as the only option perhaps)

Most reactions

trending

Back