Sophos9 - Diy "poor Mans" Reef Cooling

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

:( That's no good! Hope it all gets sorted out smoothly!

Bah... As you can see, it was working last night!!?

On a good note, my temperature is spot on... The sensor is out slightly (about 0.3dC) but nowhere near enough to cause any issues.

Thanks mate, sure it will be fine just a pain in the a$$ :good:

Got a mail from Steve @ monitors-direct, he is getting another unit in the post tomorrow which I will change then post him back the defective unit. Good man :cool:

Here is the problem...

ATC-Digit%20Out.JPG

:lol: Stalker...

But dude, tell me that aint a stainless steel temperature probe?

Its the one that came with the unit. I belive its high grade stainless steel. No rust as yet but I'll keep a look out.

Thanks. Might have to encapsuelat it in some silicon

Its the one that came with the unit. I belive its high grade stainless steel. No rust as yet but I'll keep a look out.

Thanks. Might have to encapsuelat it in some silicon

Hi mate, every thread I have read people are crying over those probes, everyone of them starts rusting - sorry mate. Thats the reason why monitors-direct only provide the 'all plastic type'...

Looking good though and these things work a treat!

As promised by Steve at monitors-direct, the new controller turned up yesterday (Thanks Steve), was fitted and works a treat. Things go wrong and its good to see that Monitors-direct were able to step up and give excellent customer service (which for me is dead important)

The controller is really doing the business - well worth it!!

good stuff. It's nice to hear when things go well! I wish I could say the same for mine.. still waiting on a delivery from maplins. I bloody hope they haven't sent it via royal mail!

good stuff. It's nice to hear when things go well! I wish I could say the same for mine.. still waiting on a delivery from maplins. I bloody hope they haven't sent it via royal mail!

Hell, thats bad you have been waiting ages!! After using Maplins for a while then switching to Farnell there is no comparison. I ordered something about 7PM, it was with me next day - how could that be??

Oh, and they are cheaper!! :good:

Hope you get it sorted sometime soon mate

Finally got the enclosure today!! Only took 2 weeks to arrive.. granted one week of that is thanks to royal mail but still! I got tired of waiting during the weekend and mounted it in a plastic food container thing (it doesn't actually look all that bad) but am going to move it over to the proper enclosure this weekend.

How did you guys go about cutting the large hole for the unit in the enclosure? Even with the more flexible plastic on the lunchbox, I found it quite difficult to cut cleanly but I was probably just going about it the wrong way.

Good news fella!

I drilled out each corner and used a jigsaw to cut it out...

aaahh.. nice one. I drilled the corners but didn't think about using a jigsaw (I think my granddad has one so that makes it easy!).

I had to turn the lights out in my tank today for just a minute to move plugs around and I noticed something really strange with my temp controller.. The minute the lights go off, it's reading jumps up 1 degree, lights go on and it drops a degree! Could it be something with my wiring or could it be a faulty unit?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back