Sometimes A Bargain Is Too Good To Pass Up?

karigupi

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Northants
I am going to get in so much trouble for this, but hubby is working away this week, so I need a treat :)

Passed a shop this morning, Piccie of a fish tank in the window, £30, so I wrote the details down to give them a call, not expecting much.

Turns out it is a friend & she gave me all the details, its 4& half foot, in a large oak cabinet, perfect condition, 2 filters, its probably around 350 to 400ltrs (she didnt have a tape measure so estimating) no light or heater, but there is a space in the hood for a light.

Now, I have no clue what I would do with a tank this size, where I would put it, what to put in it, but I think this is too good a bargain to turn down? Maybe it could even be my first marine tank?

I just have to talk hubby into it now, its probably a good thing he is hundreds of miles away, I wont hear him swearing at me :blush:

I've not said a definate yes yet, but I would be a fool not to wouldnt I?
 
i think to not but that and stock it with new world cichlids would just be plain rude :rolleyes:
 
Omg kari, you biatch lol.

Just get it, what the heck!

im sure you could make it up to him...somehow.
 
You should phone him and tell him you've seen a '£30 tank for sale, would it be ok if you bought it. As you're obviously missing him so so much', if you're lucky he'll fall for it, expecting to come home to a 2fter max and so will say 'Of course dear'. And then he agreed to it so more fool him! lol.

But yes IT IS too much of a bargain to pass up.
 
hehe I knew I could count on you guys :good:

I have a cunning plan lol. He will call me tonight, normally when is abit tipsy on the shandy to say goodnight, I will ask him then, he'll agree to anything when he is away & feeling guilty, then i'll remind him in the morning when he has forgotten cause he drank too much. :rolleyes:
 
This has just confirmed my thought about the so called "fairer" sex. Devious, cunning and evil little minxes :lol:
 
I found a jewel 400 tank lastnight for a good price (not as good a bargain as yours though) did all the wheeling and dealing by email then told the other half hes paying for it :D

The tank gets delivered on the 25th i can't wait.
 
Tell him you knocked her down from £150 and saved him £120! - that should clinch it!! :lol:
 
I found a jewel 400 tank lastnight for a good price (not as good a bargain as yours though) did all the wheeling and dealing by email then told the other half hes paying for it :D

The tank gets delivered on the 25th i can't wait.

See, they are devious, cunning and won't ever put their hands in their purses.
 
YAY, He said yes!! As long as I pay for it (& all the equipment, fishies etc) then I can have it :good:

He took it surprisingly well, he'd called after a good meeting & was in an upbeat mood so I took the opportunity & yay!! I have a lovely huge tank!!

I'm going to have a look at it in an hour, will post piccies when I get back if I can get any.

Now I need to decide whats going in it, i've decided where its going & need to have a clearout first though. The filters are still running in the tank, fish were taken out this morning, do you think it would be a good idea for me to collect the filters now in some buckets of water & run them in my tanks until I get the tank here? I can take some mature media out of my filters if needed when I set the tank up as well.
 
OMG, so jealous. Not only have you got a lovely shiney new 4 1/2 ft tank to bring home, but sounds like you can start stocking as soon as you want!

I think running the filters on your own tanks could be a very good idea.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top