Something is on my tetra

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Primordial-shrimp

Reaction score
so Ive had these tetras for little while now and and I ended up getting ich in the tank some how but i have it almost completely beat but I noticed one of the tetras has what appears to be scars (if that’s even possible for fish) all along it’s body it they kinda look like little cloudy spots on his body he also has something above his left eye it definitely does not look like ich but I can’t figure out what it is so hopefully you guys can help.
144DAB1B-AE00-433E-9456-C98EFD590FC8.jpeg
6D5EC651-5C69-49A3-9905-62F255E42847.jpeg

Appears to have a fungus. Get some API Fungus Cure.

If it’s on him does that mean it’s already in the tank or if I remove him to quarantine are the other fish safe?

You can just watch them. It’s usually not contagious like other diseases. Treat him in QT tank. Good luck and keep us posted.

If it’s on him does that mean it’s already in the tank or if I remove him to quarantine are the other fish safe?
Fungus is in every aquarium but it only affects sick or injured fish. If a fish gets a wound or sore, then the fungus can infect that wound. Injuries can be caused by fighting, panicking and swimming into something, or people handling the fish.

------------------------
Before you treat the tank, do the following things.

Work out the exact volume of water in the tank.
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.
When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

There is a calculator/ converter in the "How To Tips" at the top of this page that will let you convert litres to gallons if you need it.

Remove carbon from the filter before treating or it will adsorb the medication and stop it working.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration when using medications because they reduce the dissolved oxygen in the water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back