Duck and Dive
Fish Herder
lol, but you are forgetting this happens in thousands of households in the uk aloneits the lfs's, but they are all money grabbing loonies
I work at my LFS and I don't appreciate you making comments like that
!, I know that some people at fish stores are money grabbing loonies, but that doesn't mean to say they all are! I say that 1-2 maximum in a 30l and then suggest they will have to be rehomed when they get to a largeish size. If they asked to have 4 I wouldn't sell them to them!I know that a LOT of people don't listen from experience such as some bloke came In and wanted 3 parrot fish in his 60L BIORB, I could have sold them to him as he wouldn't listen to what I was saying, I could have had a £45 sale but I still refusedto sell them to him for the fishes sake, not the money. So he walked out but I felt as though I had done a good deed for the day
Quoted from above post:
Regardless of right or wrong if someone came up to me in a shop and said "hey you don't have xyz that you need for that, and those fish can't go in that tank and etc etc etc" I'd probably be thinking along the lines of "why don't you just **** off, it's none of your business".
I think the vast majority of Joe Public are more likely to trust an employee of an LFS than some random customer - unless of course you get into a conversation first and start discussing things.
Very true as people who are new to the hobby think of people at their LFS no everything but many do not know much about fish but are still employed for some reason, and beacuse they do think this they probably wont listen to you as your just a stranger, experienced or not the majority of Joe Public wont listen to what you have to say. I know a situation like this really winds most people up as the fish do not deserve this, but you just have to accept it and leave it, but you really do feel sorry for the fish but you have to move on and forget about it as making as saying things like that to LFS's customers can get the customer and the staff's back up. I know your just trying to help/save the fish but for future reference don't bother as they will never listen to you!
D&D
That would be one lfs I would never patronize again.






