Some Of My Art And Photos (bandwidth Warning!)

Buslady

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a few other hobbies like everyone else...

I love railfanning...we have a mainline with Up, BNSF, Metrolink and Amtrak right in front of our bus yard so I get a regular dose of trains when I go to work.
here's a few shots of trains I've taken in the past:

It's RARE when it snows this heavy in the Cajon Pass; this was about 4 years ago when we had tons of weather...Leading is a C44-9W War Bonnet of the old Santa Fe livery, these old geezers are not as common anymore.
DSC07322.jpg

A pair of BNSF GP38 helpers cruising thru the pass:
DSC07324.jpg

The I love drawing my favorite mutant ninja, Raph; most of my art's based off his first movie look, he is my first love (for a fictional character!):

He likes a beer now & then, but he hates bugs...there's a bug on his pretzels...hehhe
BeeranBugs2.jpg

Raphie as a Klingon!
Commander_Raphael_by_Buslady.jpg

And theeennnn.....

We like buses....
This is actually my bus, we got it last june...kids freak out cos it's got full 3-point seatbelts. 2007 Blue Bird AARE.

DSC07798.jpg

Some weird pics of bus 6, a 1985 Crown Coach we own
--sorry kinda big pictures!

Stop_When_Red_Lights_Flash_by_Buslady.jpg

I've loved these Crowns since I started driving 13 years ago. They make interesting photo subjects with their Art Deco styling. The body style was created in 1946 and used all the way up to 1991 when Crown closed doors forever.
Art_Deco_by_Buslady.jpg

Finally, the whole bus!
1988_Crown_Supercoach_Bus_6_by_Buslady.jpg

Some random pics:

QMII visited back in '06- I was witness to the once in a lifetime event when both ships spoke to each other.
Her_Magesty__the_Queen_by_Buslady.jpg

tinkered with this pic of a Western Painted who lives at Sea World:
Western_Painted_Turtle_by_Buslady.jpg

I took this shot of San Diego Zoo's Snapper who guards the entry to the kid's area
Snapper_turtle.jpg

I got tons more if anybody cares, over at buslady.deviantart.com

anybody else have deviant art accounts??

I love the trains. Love the trains!

Why do you have a school bus? do you run them through your bus company or did you just buy one because you wanted it? I have a friend who drives the school bus.

I love the trains. Love the trains!

Why do you have a school bus? do you run them through your bus company or did you just buy one because you wanted it? I have a friend who drives the school bus.

We have a school bus company, so far we operate 2 buses, we're getting a 3rd in a few months. That bus in the night time pic is a $130,000 bus, I dont think it'd be one just for fun! hehe!
The rounded one, the Crown bus, is a fun bus-im hoping to get that retired (it's an '85) and keep it as a historical bus. It is, they're not made anymore.

lol well, my husband bought a $90,000 car once just for fun, you never know :)

I still have a soft spot for the trains though, the old romantic in me I guess.

lol well, my husband bought a $90,000 car once just for fun, you never know :)

I still have a soft spot for the trains though, the old romantic in me I guess.

:blink: $90,000?????? Dang!!

he's a nut! hahaah

Yeah, the bus is for business BUT, on the side I love driving and a good bus is great to have. What's also nice about owning our own, altho i dont do it, i can take it out for short cruises if I needed to. There's something fun about driving a bus, mine ain't the typical slow beast, it's got the biggest engine and hauls butt!

ohhhh trains....aren't they gorgeous? I love the rumble of a modern diesel-electric or the hiss of a steamer. I love them! I took the Amtrak (that crappy train serve we have) all the way from here, So Cal, to New Orleans to end up in Atlanta to see mom. 3 days of being a lazy bum is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! My car was just behind the lounge so we could go in there and kick back and watch the scenery which is just amazing. I wanna do it again, Southwest Chief or Coast Starlight to Washington.

oh, it's supposed to snow up in the Cajon Pass again!!! Sunday! If it does I'll have new photos!!

Most reactions

Back