Some Help Would Be Appreciated :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

az9

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
no.gif

I don't think it's blurry as much as it's completely out of focus. The background is what's in focus.

Male, pointed dorsal.
Picture is blurry, but if female dorsal would be rounded.

Yeah its still better than the last ones though. Im taking them with my phone sooo… thanks! I've just never even seen blue paradise gouramis untill a week ago so i had no idea how to tell the diference. I have a male gold gourami with it so one of them is going to have to go. :p

That would be a lot more expensive.

frapadoodle said:
Male, pointed dorsal.
Picture is blurry, but if female dorsal would be rounded.
That's for sexing gouramis. The same doesn't apply for paradise fish.

Males have longer fins and brighter coloration plus obvious egg spots on the anal fin during breeding time.

Females have shorter fins, duller coloration and slightly smaller in terms of length.

Both male and females have pointed fins.

What about those long antenna like fins down by its belly? Are those are really short.

I'm no expert but that looks like a female to me, the short fins are the reason.  If it was a male the tail fin would be around the same length as the body.  The only reason I can't be sure is that younger Paradise males take a while to develop the longer fins.  Females are also gennerally fatter like yours is, no offense LOL.  Same with other types of Gouramis.

Yeah. But it's a little late. Lol I posted this weeks ago. And it died. :( sadly. It was really bloated. I waited like 4 days to feed it and then I fed it a pea but it still didn't work…

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back