So there are two types of betta forums... where does mine fit in?

Lo Ki Gorgeous

Reaction score
Hi..
So... there are two different betta forums.. splendens and non splendens...
Where does mine fit in?
I don't know what "kind" he is.. I'm not sure what the difference is..
Is it something you can see?
Is it wild bettas vs domestic bettas?

Also.. he's so cute! He's young and still growing and developing his colors so he changes in the pictures :)

Thanks in advance

20220324_202319.jpg
20220324_202434.jpg
20220305_215335.jpg
20220320_202730.jpg

Last edited:
Your fish is a Betta splendens. All the bettas in fish stores with long fins are B. splendens, as are plakat bettas.

Non-splendens are just other betta species which can be wild caught or captive bred. There are just too many species to give a list

Your fish is a Betta splendens. All the bettas in fish stores with long fins are B. splendens, as are plakat bettas.

Non-splendens are just other betta species which can be wild caught or captive bred. There are just too many species to give a list
Thank you 😁🙏
I got him from a breeder but didn't think to ask what kind he was.

Most of the bettas in shops are Betta splendens but there are many different varieties and tail types. Like dogs, they are all dogs but there are many different breeds.

The species of yours is Betta splendens; his colouring is koi; his tail type could be half moon or super delta depending on how far apart the edges of his tail are when he flares. If they are 180 degrees apart (a semicircle) he's a half moon but if they are less than 180 degrees (a triangle), he's a superdelta.

The species of yours is Betta splendens; his colouring is koi; his tail type could be half moon or super delta depending on how far apart the edges of his tail are when he flares. If they are 180 degrees apart (a semicircle) he's a half moon but if they are less than 180 degrees (a triangle), he's a superdelta.
Ooooh I'll have to take an extra look at his tail next time ☺

Most reactions

Back