tetraqueen
Fish Addict
Hi,
I have not been around much lately as nothing has really been happening with my tanks. My back is killing me slowly and the Oscars so messy I ended up depressed.
I searched for aquarium maintanance and yes have got a guy in Herts nearby that does clean tanks.
Will not promote here but fish-fish-fish comes to my mind this guy is nuts. Cleaning the tank took him approx half an hour the rest he is facinated with the tank etc and what had been happening to my fish and advice freely offered.
The tank was very dirty and I was ashamed to realise I had only been cleaning half the filter as he took out two more baskets.
No wonder I have been struggling to keep it clean with water changes and the gravel getting lots of brown algae on it.
What I can't understand is the water stats are now a little worse as they were a safe reading when it was dirty. It is now reading nitrite and ammonia.
The Oscars however having fought a little are back together. I will need to get rid of one soon anyone wanting a challenging fish let me know.
Now my tank looks clean I'll just be keeping an eye on it. It just shows that even though your trying your best you can always miss the obvious.
Guess I should have gave this up a long time ago but it a hobby that is so interesting.
I have not been around much lately as nothing has really been happening with my tanks. My back is killing me slowly and the Oscars so messy I ended up depressed.
I searched for aquarium maintanance and yes have got a guy in Herts nearby that does clean tanks.
Will not promote here but fish-fish-fish comes to my mind this guy is nuts. Cleaning the tank took him approx half an hour the rest he is facinated with the tank etc and what had been happening to my fish and advice freely offered.
The tank was very dirty and I was ashamed to realise I had only been cleaning half the filter as he took out two more baskets.
No wonder I have been struggling to keep it clean with water changes and the gravel getting lots of brown algae on it.
What I can't understand is the water stats are now a little worse as they were a safe reading when it was dirty. It is now reading nitrite and ammonia.
The Oscars however having fought a little are back together. I will need to get rid of one soon anyone wanting a challenging fish let me know.
Now my tank looks clean I'll just be keeping an eye on it. It just shows that even though your trying your best you can always miss the obvious.
Guess I should have gave this up a long time ago but it a hobby that is so interesting.








