So I'm Just Curious...

madgap

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Forgive the location of theis post, if you will. I didn't know where else to put it.

I wasn't educated. I was born partially deaf. When I was maybe seven years old I was taken to a speech therepist, he informed my morher that all the earlier beliefs of me being 'backward' where all wrong!
The problem found could now be sorted. I went through a few operations, and I can hear just fine.
However, years in school had been lost and teachers were non to keen to give extra help to the class pleb.
All that I typed, there was so you understand why my English is far from perfect.
Moving on.
Despite everything I loved language. To me, the written word isn't just words. It's an art, and should be preserved. Hence the reason you will never see me use abbreviations. My spelling may be ghastly, but, I prefare full words. And so on

What I can not seem to get my head around is the more 'modern' ways.
Within these last few months I've seen topics start as follows....

''So I went to the lfs....''

And I read it to my wife, and she looks at me and asks, 'what does the post say before that'?
It just seems wierd to me that more often than not people will use English in an unconvetional manner. I do worry that the more it is use like such, the more it will become the accepted way for future generations.
I know language is organic, it matures over time. I guess I just dont like change.

Sorry for rambling on.

Si

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back