So I Want A Camera

my vote for the fuji, it has manual focus and a closer focusing distance in macro, handy for a fish keeper. cheaper too. only thing the kodak, or one of them, has is a sync socket to add additional flash, handy but not essential. you can buy slave flashes that will do the same job.

Definately get the Fuji, they're made by Nikon so you know they'll be good quality. And the camera just has so much more to offer!

I'll post side by side comparisons where I feel it really counts!

1. Max-min shutter speed Kodak= 1/1700 second-8 seconds
Fuji= 1/200 second-15 seconds
Basically withe the Fuji you have all the range of the Kodak and then a bit on both ends of the shutter speed range! you will have better luck catching action with a faster shutter speed and better results in low light with the slower speed!

2. ISO sensitivity Range Kodak=80-400 (with 800 available but you have to lower your resolution to a pathetic 1.8 mp.
Fuji=64-1600
ISO will help your shutter speed range be even more versatile, basically the higher the ISO the better it will perform in lower light conditions. (There's more to it than that but this is essentially the basic idea) You can use a slower shutter speed in low light with a higher ISO so you will have more options for you picture taking style to develop.

3. As was stated above the Fuji can manually focus while the Kodak can't. The min focusing distance for macro is much less on the Fuji as well.

4. Exposure compensation is almost the same in both cameras but it just a bit more adjustable in the Fuji.

5. The Fuji is listed to be RAW capable as well as JPEG, the Kodak doesn't say which means it probably isn't RAW, probably just JPEG. RAW files are larger and require more processing usually but the results are much better.

There are many more advantages to having the Fuji, but I think you get the idea. You'll have much much more camera with the Fuji so get that one!

SLC

The 5200 (aka 5600 in UK) is a smashing camera.... I have one and am very pleased with it, the eyepiece gives the impression of an SLR, but its actually another LCD monitor... not as usefull as "real" SLR but works.
The shutter release is what sold it for me, its as near instantanious as Ive seen on ANY digital camera.

The only drawbacks I have found is the stupid way you have to manually focus - theres a ring around the lens, but it does nothing - you have to use the zoom buttons... this has been "fixed" on its replacement - the 6500.

All in all a cracking camera, now about £110 in Asda.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back