Sneaky Mollys

momo33

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Newbury Berkshire
Well I have a nursery tank in my kitchen or i should say the wifes, I have about 70 odd guppy fry in it, and in the tank next to it is 3 mollys, well 2 now actually, the other day my little lad said there was babies in the tank and I took a quick glance and said "nope, your seeing things" to which he was rather upset and gave me a disdained look before tossing his head and walking away, well he's only 6 and I dont often listen to him.

I tooka look today for some reason, probably as I was thinking of trying to find space for a female betta in a floating isolation tank, and as I looked in I saw this litle thing dart behind a large rock that had a bit of fern behind it, puzzled I took another look, and well blow me, the little lad was right, there they were all 25-30 of them hiding !!!. So out of the tank they came rapidly and into the nursery tank, mom went back into the 5' community tank and her partners 2 more dalmations are still waiting to have babies...... I am now seriously eyeing up the bath upstairs for space to put them in.........
 
Awww, bless - did you tell him he was right? hehe.

LOL @ bathtub idea, sometimes I feel like that - i'm slowly being overtaken by tanks
 
Well I have a nursery tank in my kitchen or i should say the wifes, I have about 70 odd guppy fry in it, and in the tank next to it is 3 mollys, well 2 now actually, the other day my little lad said there was babies in the tank and I took a quick glance and said "nope, your seeing things" to which he was rather upset and gave me a disdained look before tossing his head and walking away, well he's only 6 and I dont often listen to him.

I tooka look today for some reason, probably as I was thinking of trying to find space for a female betta in a floating isolation tank, and as I looked in I saw this litle thing dart behind a large rock that had a bit of fern behind it, puzzled I took another look, and well blow me, the little lad was right, there they were all 25-30 of them hiding !!!. So out of the tank they came rapidly and into the nursery tank, mom went back into the 5' community tank and her partners 2 more dalmations are still waiting to have babies...... I am now seriously eyeing up the bath upstairs for space to put them in.........

hope its ok to but in but i thought that was funny. my children spot all befor i do with our tank setups
 
i think you should buy him his own setup and let him take care of some of them.. its an excuse fo a new tank too :lol:
 
You need to start listening to the young ones Momo. You would be surprised how often they see things that we don't, they are closer to the ground and their eyes are younger and often sharper. They may not have learned much yet but sometimes that limits what we see, we see what we expect to see.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top