Snakeheads

Yup sp. Fire & Ice are nice looking.
Max out at around 8-10". Sub tropical, Mine seem happiest at around 21c at ph 6-6.5

I would like to add a SH choice for you.
Of all my SHs, my favorite is my Aurantimaculatas. In my opinion they are 2nd only to Barca in the looks department.
Max out at 16", I rekon you could keep a single or a bonded pair in your 77gal. (maybe pushing it on the bonded pair)

Here is a pic of my male at around 11" :

img5955.jpg

img5933.jpg

But remember these are also Sub-tropical. And tankmates are a no no.
Mine like 20-22c and low ph. (around 6).

I also put Kettapang leaves in all my tanks for color enhancment and health. (If anyone wants some PM me, I just had a massive shipment in.)

Yup sp. Fire & Ice are nice looking.
Max out at around 8-10". Sub tropical, Mine seem happiest at around 21c at ph 6-6.5

I would like to add a SH choice for you.
Of all my SHs, my favorite is my Aurantimaculatas. In my opinion they are 2nd only to Barca in the looks department.
Max out at 16", I rekon you could keep a single or a bonded pair in your 77gal. (maybe pushing it on the bonded pair)

Here is a pic of my male at around 11" :

img5955.jpg

img5933.jpg

But remember these are also Sub-tropical. And tankmates are a no no.
Mine like 20-22c and low ph. (around 6).

I also put Kettapang leaves in all my tanks for color enhancment and health. (If anyone wants some PM me, I just had a massive shipment in.)

Hey Thanks Guys!

But fudge, I've got to decide between 1 or maybe 2 Snakes in a 77 Gallon Tank....

I really wanted to have many different fushes in there. But did not want to go to big...like Arawana'z and all.

I think my snake head project is not going that well.

There's no question that I'll put only one kind of fish in the aquarium.

I really got in to cheking fish out, and on my list theres:

Oscar
Red Devil
Parrotfish
Red Terror
Frontosa
Leporinus
Green Terror

I can't decide anynmore!

OHHH and a Fire eel or moray eel

fire eel too big and moray eel not freshwater (regardless of what it says in the LFS)

How about a group of Senegal Bichir? Kept in a group these are very active and fun to watch.

Or my 5ft set up - 4 climbing perch and 5 reedfish with a couple of raphael catfish.

A lot of the fish in your list get big and can be intolerant of tankmates.

Hey Thanks Guys!

But fudge, I've got to decide between 1 or maybe 2 Snakes in a 77 Gallon Tank....

I really wanted to have many different fushes in there. But did not want to go to big...like Arawana'z and all.

Oscar By its self with no tank mates ideally especially not any of the others mentioned
Red Devil Could be done solo, they can be quite aggresive.
Parrotfish Can be aggressive , definatly wouldnt put with a snakehead
Red Terror tanks not really big enough 100 gal plus
Frontosa Tanks not really big enough, ideally need 5 foot tank , can be done in a large 4ft tank eg 48x24x24
Leporinus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leporinus you need to specify which
Green Terror This would fit nicely in there and would probs be alright with a Bichir , aggresive to most stuff though

I can't decide anynmore!

OHHH and a Fire eel or moray eel no and no

Hey Thanks Guys!

Oscar By its self with no tank mates ideally especially not any of the others mentioned
Red Devil Could be done solo, they can be quite aggresive.
Parrotfish Can be aggressive , definatly wouldnt put with a snakehead
Red Terror tanks not really big enough 100 gal plus
Frontosa Tanks not really big enough, ideally need 5 foot tank , can be done in a large 4ft tank eg 48x24x24
Leporinus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leporinus you need to specify which
Green Terror This would fit nicely in there and would probs be alright with a Bichir , aggresive to most stuff though

I can't decide anynmore!

OHHH and a Fire eel or moray eel no and no

Sorry to open this thread again, but I really want a snake.

I'd like to give you some names I found, and if some of you could give me your advice. I'm in Quebec/ Canada. So, maybe some are not Imported here. You're the only one's to tell.

Channa Pulchra
Channa Ornatipinnis
Channa Stewarti
Channa Fire and Ice
Channa Blue moon Galaxy
Channa Assam
Channa True Bleu/Galaxy Blue
Channa meg Leopard
Channa hartcourt butleri
Channa Orientalis
Channa Bleheri

These are the only Snakes I found under ''Dwarf'', dont even know if I can get them here. And yes, for know I'de put one or two of them in a community tank. Only the time they get bigger. After words I'd find them a separet tank.

Whats your Idea on them?? Size, time consumming, health and all.

Thanks A lot!!

you either have snakeheads or some of the other fish, not both. you ask for information and you got it, its up to you if you want to take our advice or not.
you need to find out what snakeheads are available in quebec, we don't know.
you either need to keep different fish or take our advice and have a species tank, i for one am not willing to help someone who isn't willing to take advice.

your best option is go to a local fish shop and ask if they stock or can aquire snakeheads...then if they say no,broaden your search,asking at other stores,finding some forums,look on free advert sites like we have gumtree and aqauriast classifieds,,,you can find people that import them aswell and have alook at snakehead website...

Ok....you might live a fair distance but i know someone on another forum who works in a fish shop in Red Deer, Alberta...

In there shop the have at present.

Big Al's in Edmonton , a few rainbows for 39.99, I think there's four left but only two decent ones. Someone bought the five I wanted about three weeks ago.

We also have a few red's left at 16.99
Golden Cobra Snakehead just under a foot I believe at I think 169.99
The we have 1 or 2 burmese snakeheads at 4" for 59.99
And Channa pulchra for 129.99

Most reactions

Back