Snakehead Escaped!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

crayfishjamie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Got up this morning and found one of my snakeheads had got out of a tiny gap in the hood, he is still alive and wasnt dryed out much, i have put him back in, he seems to have plenty of strengh in him so hopefully he will be ok, at the moment he is sat at the bottom breathing heavily, do you think he will be ok? Gutted that this had happened, is there anything i can do to help his recovery?

I;ve kept loads of snakeheads over time and a lot have done this. Ive never lost one that I found alive apart from a bit Auratus they generally do ok and makes you rethink your hood security

what snakehead is it

yes my fault a small gap was left, i have closed it off now, hes still alive and back in his usual hiding place so fingers crossed he will be ok, be gutted if i loose him, it took me ages to find him. thanks for the reply.

Sorry, its a channa bleheri.

channa is still alive, hes got colour back but not eating yet, he seems to be getting better.

sounds like a bit of a bummer mate.

I dont really know anything about snake heads, how did it escape? They must be pretty agile to be able to climb out of a tank.

They can get out of tiny gaps in the hood, he still had to jump some to get out though, total change in character aswell, now he is getting bullied by the other, but before he got out he was the bully, he seems to be getting better though but not eating yet

Most reactions

Back