Snail Eggs!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AlexsDaddy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Somewhere on the East Coast of the good ole' USA!!
I just found 2 clutches of ramshorn snail eggs in my quarantine tank! There is probably about 80 in all. Now the question is, do I keep them or get rid of them. Havn't decided yet. The biggest problem is that the tank is not cycled. I have been doing 50% wc's every other day to keep the ammonia down. It's a pain in the a$$. I should have cycled it first.......... Anyway, I have been thinking about getting some dwarf puffers, so if I do decide to get them, then I guess snails galore would be a good thing...... My temp's about 78F. I saw in another thread here the gestation period for Apple and Mystery snails is 3-4 weeks. Is it the same for Ramshorn?

From my experience, I've found that Ramshorn egg gestation is about 1-2 weeks depending on water temperature and water hardness. In my 10g Co2 infused tank, the eggs take about two weeks. In my 2.5g they take about 1 week. The temperature in my 2.5g is about 2-3 degrees higher than my 10g and our water is extremely hard (w/out Co2). Good luck with your little cuties!!! :wub:

BTW- They absolutely luv peas and cucumber! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back