Snail Advice Needed

kalm2kaos

New Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Norfolk UK
After a trip to my local tfs I came home with some plants which were duly planted in an empty 25 gallon tank. Came home this evening to see a small snail going up the glass. Ok it came in on the plants,but would it hurt if I left it in there? To look at it I had to use a jewellers eyeglass(told you it was small!) and it appears to have gold blotches on it. Can anyone identify it for me please? Its only a couple of mm long at the moment. but wouldn't want to be overun by the darn things in months to come.
TIA
 
So what kind of snails do you have? My tank has the occassional one of two bladder snails that I pluck out once a week. Last time, I put the 2 snails in a water glass and about an hour later the smell was horrid. Ugghh, no snails for me. :sick:
 
I had snails in my old tank, I would see one or two every fews days and just kill them as I saw them. But then I slacked off because I was about to give the tank away and move my fish into another one, after about a month they were everywhere! Just be aware of their reproduction capabilities.
 
It has now been removed,I didn't want a snail before, and I still don't want one now......bye bye snail.....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top