SMOKEY BLOOM

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RYO

Fish Addict
Reaction score
The 125L has been running for for just over 2 months now. Its a juwel record 125 (40 x 13 x 15 inches) jewel filter has been removed and a fluval 304 used( run in other tank for a couple of months to mature)
water parameters
PH - 6.2
AMMONIA- 0
NO2- 0
NO3- 5 PPM
KH -1 DH
GH -3 DH
TEMP 74F

As post said tank has a smokey look(i take its some sort of algae bloom ?) to it especialy after a water change. i am now doing water changes twice a week but this does n't seem to be clearing. Light is a 30w acadia orig tropical with reflector 0n for 12 hrs with 2 hr break (10 hrs tot) tank is planted with about 12 small java ferns, java moss here and there, 4 assorted swords and 1 unknown small plant.(awaiting delivery of main plants, most of these are in to combat algae)

hope thats enough info for some help (dunno much more)

is the water cloudy as in white? If it is it may be a bacteria bloom from cycling. Just an idea but if its kinda green cloudy it is probably algae.

Kevin

Its a white smokey bloom, ive had no out of the ordinary to hint at a cycle.

Hey there RYO,
Are you using any chemicals in the water that you are replacing the water that you are taking out of the tank?

I used to over dose my water that I would replace, since my water here is a bit over-chlorinated. So I used to hit the 5 gal bucket with a healthy 10 gal + dose of Stress Coat from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. But since trying to figure out why my tank seemed to go through constant "Bacterial Blooming" I realized that I was over dosing the tank with the chemical to kill off the Chlorine, chloamines and other harmfull chemicals that are used to make our water drinkable.

Sooo. Now the water is as clear as could be, now that I'm under control. :D

Hope this helps!

EEEEEEEEP guilty as charged :whistle: yup i do over dose a bit as the water here is full of clorine and flouride (tastes :sick: ) only thing is my other tank is crystal clear (but has been going for nearly 2 yrs)cheers will try that as i would love to see my fish :D

Cheers Max seems to have done the trick, its not crystal clear but 100000 times better than it was.
I did a 50% water change with measured conditioner :D
just wonder if it has somthing to do with the conditioner im using- nutrafin aqua plus with pure herbal extract :crazy:

I'm not sure to be honest with you. Though I do think that the problem stems from the product removing trace nutrients in the water that most live bacteria need in order to survive. So when you and I were on the "If a little is good, alot has to be better" trip :dunno: we were in fact creating a bloom every time we did a water change.

I'm happy that I could be of help! :cool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back