Smaragdina Juvies

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lol I love that picture...not that I should be on here looking and not doing my homework like a good little girl...but I can't help it..I'm addicted to you people :lol:.

View attachment 31088

Hey, that little picture would make an awesome wallpaper for a computer. Really unusual, SRC. Wuv, it is so cool to see the differences between the two juvies. The smaragdina juvies are very funny and so conservative. I like the plant as well, I wonder what live plant it's trying to duplicate?

I don't know, it's really,really full and around 3 1/2 feet tall. I used to use one in my 42 hex before I tore that tank down. I liked how it went all the way to the top, it looked really neat.
Here's one all bunched up in my krib tank, it's great cover for the molly fry
1kribpl.jpg

ral, you're too kind.

Jennie~ :lol: they look nuts in that crop :lol:

That actually doesn't look half bad. If you like that sort of thing. Maybe stretched or centered rather than tiled, but to each his own. Now about the plant. Hmm, I'm wondering if it's not trying to immitate some sort of hygro? It's a neat plant, I'd like to find the live equivalent, especially for the larger tank I see in my not so distant future.

LOL@ looking at it and scrolling your screen up and down real fast :lol:.

Oh my, look at all dem babies!!!!
It's somewhat similar to how the grow out actually looks in person. I swear they doubled in numbers when they moved to the 55 :S

Well, I finally figured out how to make them come to the front. I just have to point and leave my finger there, they can't resist.....must....investigate.
Heh heh, suckers!
(ignore my furry glass, they have a window seat and the algae...grr!)
0smar.jpg

0smar2.jpg

0smar3.jpg

0smar4.jpg

0smar5.jpg

Who say's smaragdina are dull and boring?! :p

They are, you rarely even see them flare.

I took a pair to show and they got first place. I took them home and put the pair back in the grow out, it was funny how they strutted around like "We got to go bye-bye's,neener neener" As crazy as it seems, the entire tank seems to trust me more after that. Maybe they know,now, that I'm not going to cause them harm.

ooops, one more story! Last week I was doing a change and talking on the phone (not a good combo) left their tank draining and it was literally drained a good 8" to clear the top. I wandered back in maybe 15 minutes later and one was on the floor, covered in fuzz and on the dry side. I put him in a cup with silver,left him for a few hours. When I returned he was looking a lot better so I dumped him back in the tank. He fell to the bottom like "whew" and a sibling came over and laid beside him. It was so sweet. A splenden wouldn't have handled the situation the same way! No way!
He was fine by the way. I don't even know which one it was now.

So, Wuv, what are you going to do with all those smaragdina fry?

Just curious.

haha funny you mention that. i made the full version o fthat picture as my wallpaper just now!

-Ian

lol I love that picture...not that I should be on here looking and not doing my homework like a good little girl...but I can't help it..I'm addicted to you people :lol:.

View attachment 31088

Hey, that little picture would make an awesome wallpaper for a computer. Really unusual, SRC. Wuv, it is so cool to see the differences between the two juvies. The smaragdina juvies are very funny and so conservative. I like the plant as well, I wonder what live plant it's trying to duplicate?

Most reactions

Back