smallest tank

ftx9

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
okay i just want a small tank for my fry to live in whats the smallest i can get and what will i need for it all i have is 30 bucks

how much do you think the total cost will be to do that

ftx9 said:
okay i just want a small tank for my fry to live in whats the smallest i can get and what will i need for it all i have is 30 bucks
where are you located? I have seen smaller, but I need to know if we are both in the U.S...............

I am in Canada too
For 30 dollars, you can setup a 10gallon tank with filter but no heater and canopy.
I would suggest you getting a 10 gallon (usually $15) and a filter (usually $10).
Those are the lowest prices. The heater will cost $30 and the canopy can be bought with light for $40 or $15 without light (just a piece of sliding glass).

basically, your problem is not the tank size (5g cost 2 bucks less than tens) but the heater.
The heater will eat all of the $30

If you're in a pinch- you can use a bucket with a heater- and do regular water changes. :)
Naturally you cant LOOK at them- but they will be fine in it- and it should be cheap.

You can use various bowls and glasses to keep fry in too. :)

thanks for all the help folks i went to petcetera but they recommened i should get a breeder net so i did, but my guppy i know is pregnant but i dont know when to put her in she has the box shape and the gravid spot that is kinda pink and black what should i do i dont know how big she should be getting im a newbie who needs some deperate help :-(

hmm i suggest getting java moss best for guppy fry to escape from their mother who may want to eat them. U might be able to get a good deal for a 10 gallon for 30 dollars including heater at wallmart if there is any in canada.

10 gallons were on sale for $10 CDN at petcetera..

u can get a heater from wal mart for $17

so 27$..... i donno if u alrdy have an air pump... maybe a live plant for air?

ookay i have a net breeder and i put the guppy mom in there was that a good idea

10 gallons for $15 dollars whats that in uk money then cause that is soooo cheap,
22 gallon i found for £24.99 no hood or light or heater or filter

but heaters are like £9.99

Most reactions

Back