Small White Patches And Spots

Whats your location.
 
Good luck hope she makes it bless her.
You will need to remove the whitespot med by a 30% water change and run some black carbon before you add the bacterial med.
 
Ok. Thanks again for your help. Do you think it will be ok if I leave the white spot treatment for a few days and see if there is any improvement and then if not get the medication or should I get it straight away?
 
Its not wise to add meds to a tank till you know what you are dealing with.
Has there been any improvment with the fish while the whitespot med has been in the tank.
 
Well I only added in the white spot medication at around 1:00 PM today. Should i wait a few more days?
 
Its up to you, leave it in while you get the proper med.
 
Ok. Also I was looking at the Disease Symptoms list on the waterlife site and it said something about shimmying and I was wondering what it is.
 
Shimmering is where the fish swim in place and dosn't get anywhere.
Get you some info.

Shimmies



Symptoms:

This disease is named for the curious behavior seen in afflicted fish. Fish will swim with an odd, shimmying movement of the body. If left untreated, the afflicted fish will become unable to swim and will sit on the bottom, listlessly shimmying. This disease affects mostly livebearers, and particularly Mollies.



Cause:

Cause unkown but may be due to a variety of numerous pathogens, including protozoan, bacterial, and fungal.



Treatment:

Isolate the fish in a hospital tank and increase the temperature to 85°F (27°C). Treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic. Also ensure that the water chemistry is within acceptable ranges. Livebearers' should always be kept in water that has a pH of 7.8 - 8.3 and a hardness of 15°DH+.
 
Ok. Thanks for all your help I will observe her to see if her anatomy improves and if not then I shall buy Myxazin and apply it. :thanks:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top