Small sponge filters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Herpin Man

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Iā€™m looking for some small sponge filters that will function well in 3ā€ or less of water.
Any suggestions?

I do not know if they make specific sponge filters for shallow water, but my single sponge filter would certainly work here. I am attaching a photo of the double sponge filter, but these also come as single sponges, and in both cases the sponge can be adjusted to any angle from the stem so it could be horizontal to the substrate. I use this in my 10g tank.

The second photo is the Hydro sponge series; I assume the smallest would be underwater in 3 inches, but not sure..

Attachments

• sponge filter.jpg
    sponge filter.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Hydro sponge filters.jpg
    Hydro sponge filters.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 28
I may end up using the single sponge filter version of the first photo, if I can think of a good way to keep it in place. The suction cups never seem to work for very long.

I may end up using the single sponge filter version of the first photo, if I can think of a good way to keep it in place. The suction cups never seem to work for very long.

Yes, I have that issue with suction cups for floating thermometers, filters and heaters. You can buy separate suction cups, but finding the right size (the hole for the prong has to fit) can be challenging.

Triangle shaped air operated sponge filter. You can remove the uplift tube and the sponge is only 1.5 inches high.

Iā€™m looking for some small sponge filters that will function well in 3ā€ or less of water.
Any suggestions?
Amazon has several small foam sponges at good prices. Ya think one could be laid on its side for shallow water?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back