Small Plec?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Phreaxer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am looking for a small plec to add to my 2.5 gallon tank. I would like him to stay small for at least a year or so... if he gets too big, I can upgrade him to my tank at home, but I would prefer if he was small enough to stay in my 2.5 for a good length of time..

thanks!

I donno of any that will stay small enough for that tank. Bristlenose and rubberlip plecos stay relatively small, but i believe will get to large for 2.5 gal. What about a snail?

Hi Phreaxer

I would go for the rubberlip pleco. Mine is in a 88 gall, and has not reached 3 inches within a year.

NO DONT!!! Every pleco is too big for a 2.5 gallon tank. I would recommend just using the snail....

A 2 1/2 gallon tank is too small for anythiing but one fish,all plecs require quite high oxygen levels to live and a 2 1/2g just isnt gonna be suitable,sorry mate.
With a tank that size you could just change 1/2 a gallon of water daily to keep the nitrates down so you dont get algea and the mess from 1 puffer would minimal anyway so you dont need a clean up crew.

I found some TankBuddies fizzing tablet things, and they did the trick. I also have a larger snail in there that he leaves alone (too big I guess) and I add ghost shrimp every once in a while to give him something to play with, and food at the same time. They eat some algae too before he takes care of them... :p

2 1/2 gal ? get a snail.They have some really cool ones,i`m not talking about the tiny ones that multiply so much :D They`re a mess to have unless you feed them to you loaches :D.................Nooooooo plecos in a 2 1/2 gal thats so cruel :eek:

Most reactions

Back