Slate As A Substrate

Hawkins

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,340
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience with using slate as a substrate?

I have just started smashing up some slate tiles (which are worth £50 apparently lol)
But haven't thought about it practically =\

Should I not use it for smaller fish?

Idk.. any advice welcome lol
 
the problem would be the sharp edges and fish catching themselves on it :)


jen
 
yeah i thought this so i have rounded the edges .. took about 2 hours to do 20 tiles lol

oh well nothing better to do
 
yeah ts fine as long as like jenicilbee says the slate is rounded off (is that a technical term?? oh well) but i have it in jambos tank, theres also clown loaches and plecs in there and never had any injuries from it, give it a good scrub tho before putting it in :)

shelagh xxx
 
Yeah i gave them all a scrub. Totally scratched the sink! Good job its a temporary one :lol:

Anyway I was smashing it on the grass yesterday so theres bits of mud/grass on them, i'll give them another rinse.

I want to get them in ASAP, I've had the new tank since Sunday :crazy:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top