Skinny platy pls help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Fishface11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My platy has lost so much weight at the moment Iā€™m medicating her with cloverleaf absolute wormer but she doesnā€™t seem to be getting better whatā€™s the best medication I can give her pls help

Pictures of the fish?
What does the fish's poop look like?
Is the fish eating normally/ well?
What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH of the tank water?
What is the ingredient in the deworming medication you are using?

Flubendazole

In that thread, he says he's already tried either NT Labs/AquaCare Anti Fluke & Wormer or Wormer Plus (not sure which one) but that didn't work.
Those products also contain flubendazole.

Pictures of the fish?
What does the fish's poop look like?
Is the fish eating normally/ well?
What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH of the tank water?
What is the ingredient in the deworming medication you are using?
Hi her poop is white and stringy ,sheā€™s eating little bits but not much now , water parameters are normal , I was using NT Labs fluke and wormer , Iā€™ve got some cloverleaf absolute wormer plus ,Iā€™ve already done one round of NT labs but seems no different in fact sheā€™s got worse sheā€™s now laying on the bottom of tank she looks really weak,what should I do any suggestions pls

The Cloverleaf product and NT Labs product contain the same active ingredient flubendazole, so if the first one didn't work, the second won't either.

You could try using a different active ingredient - eSHa ndx contains levamisole which kills round worms like camallanus worms, and eSHa gdex contains praziquantel which kills flat worms like tapeworms.

Or it could be a protozoan internal infection, but the problem with this is that the treatement, metronidazole, is only available on prescription in the UK.

If the fish isn't eating normally and doing a stringy white poop, it has an internal protozoan infection.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back