Silver Platies For Free To Good Home Or Homes - North Herts / Beds Bor

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Arcane

Reaction score
 The official form first:

Livestock: Silver Platies
Age and condition: Between three months and three weeks (More constantly reaching travelling age).
Quantity for sale: Approximately 30 now. More coming all the time.
Reason for Sale: I am running out of space for them.
Delivery or Collection: Collection only.
Sales price: No cost.
Postage & Packaging: N.A
Location: North Herts (just outside Hitchin). I am in the same road as the Japanese Koi Carp Centre if you know it. Next time you visit them, stop by me and pick up some platies.
smile.png

Photograph: Coming very soon. Should be uploaded by this time tomorrow.

Hello,

My first tank was a 60 litre brought from a car boot sale in 2010.

We populated it with three silver platies amongst other fish.

I know people say that with livebearers you simply need to add water and they will breed, but these ones seem to have an insatiable appetite for reproduction.

A few months ago, a friend of mine got rid of a lot of larger fish from his rather huge tank, and took a total 0f 29 off my hands (I got tired of catching them at that point).

Now there are somewhere along the lines of 60 fish in the tank (only a few fully grown, about 50% half size and a lot barely more than fry).

The tank is ok at the moment as they are all so small, but as they grow it will clearly be overstocked.

Please take some off my hands if you can collect, and if you want some silver platies.

They are simple fish, but still attractive with black fin tips.

I am hopeing to transfer some more to my friends tank soon, but expect I will continue to have some 30 - 40 I need to move on every few months. The tank is now quite well established, and has had no additions (fish or plant) for well over a year as I have very little confidence in the stock from a lot of retailers (had Angel fish trouble in my larger tank, and as a consequence am very reluctant to add new stock to either tank). So overall, the fish can be expected to be very healthy and have lived in a 'closed environment' for some time.

Evening collection would be difficult for me, so weekend is best (or day time on week days if you are free).

As mentioned above, I live right down the road from the Koi Carp Centre. If they had any sense, they would take advantage of getting a load of free platies in stock from me, but they have a sign up saying they don't take fish other than from their usual suppliers under any circumstances, and I am not bothering to try to convince them.

Although collection is preferred, if you should happen to live within 10 miles (unlikely I know), and have no transport, then delivery would be possible.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Mark

hi, do you still have these if so could you give me a text as my phone aint recieveing calls at the minute, my number is 07723288818 thank you

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back