Silicone With Bubbles In It.

Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
4,502
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Calgary Alberta
Hey all,

There seems to be bubbles inside the silicone on the tank and I am worried the silicone is lifting off the tank, does this sound like a problem? I will post some pictures in a few minutes.

Thanks,

DL
 
Is it a 20gal high? :rolleyes: I had a 20gal high that did that it got really bad and I was worried about the tank failing. So I replaced it with another 20gal high, which is doing the same thing. Ahhhhgggg......

I destroyed the old 20gal as I was to lazy to reseal it or put up an add. I tried to make if fail in my yard, even with all its bubbley silicon and me taking a knife to the seals I couldn't get it to fail. I even hit it with a hammer right on the corner, made a big crack in the glass. And it still wasn't leaking :lol:. I eventually went all out with the hammer....... In hindsight that tank was fine even with its bubbley silicon, but I was only able to figure that out after I destroyed it.
 
Thanks for the reply. I am thinking it's not a problem. The part that has bubbles seems like the extra part on the seam. Got some batteries and I am getting my camera out for a few discus shots tonight for a friend so I mine as well snap a picture off of the silicone also. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top