Silicone Help For Fish Tank Needed

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lizzy079

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I rescued a fish tank not too long ago, the side is cracked and I've decided to replace the entire side seeing that I don't think putting another glass over it will help in the long run (the crack take up almost half of the side before spreading out to small minor cracks).

I bought GE Silicone I (I knew this was pure silicone with no additives), but when I checked the back when it was almost time to use it it said "Not for use below the water line or in aquariums"

So my question is what brand of silicone should I get in order to fix the aquarium tank, without worrying it will kill my fish?

There are lots of brands, and if you stick to the ones sold in the LFS, you can bet that they are safe without much worry. The ones at the LFS will be pricier than at the hardware store, but you'll have peace of mind.

Marineland makes one (Available at Petsmart).

All-Glass also makes one (Available at Petco).

Aqueon and ASI also make 'aquarium' sealant.

I'm not sure if anyone else will need help finding silicone like I did but this is the link someone gave me

http://www.amazon.com/All-Glass-Aquariums-15905650106-Silicone/dp/B0002ASD34?tag=viglink26257-20

It is from All-Glass and thanks to eagles aquarium mentioning All-Glass when he posted here, I know it should be safe for my fish

If you already have silicone that you prefer to use and have had success with it before feel free to post what you used here and why you like it so it might help someone else too

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back