The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
i was PM'ed by two mods recently about the size of my signature, they pointed me towards the thread about the maximum size etc

is it just me that notices or are there loads of others that have massive sigs? and they never change?it just annoys me because i have to scroll through lines of sig in each topic

if you are that bothered why don't you not just turn off seeing the sigs in your Board options.

i was PM'ed by two mods recently about the size of my signature, they pointed me towards the thread about the maximum size etc

is it just me that notices or are there loads of others that have massive sigs? and they never change?it just annoys me because i have to scroll through lines of sig in each topic
so does that mean mine is too large? if so, thats pathetic.

no, im on about people that dont obey the rules, about sig sizes! you may want to read it. i dont think its very fair that some people have to shorten their sigs yet others dont, because when someone has a 20 line sig, it takes more time to load the page, and you have to scroll through a mass of signatures

Well? Go and do something about other people if that's what makes you happy. You can always drop them a nice, friendly PM yourself, y'know.

rules are rules, the mod's do their best to enforce them but may not spot every non conforming signature. if you see someone else's that isn't in line with the rules then use the report button to bring it to the attention of the mods and they will go through the usual process to get it fixed.

according to the rules, my sig is ok... but i saw one the other day and there must have been 30 lines of text, and they had posted multiple times in the topic

yup, point is tell them or tell a mod to get it fixed.

no good complaining that the rules aren't being enforced, we each have a responsibility to help the mods with the day to day running of the forum, that's what the report button is there for. If you see something that's wrong this sort of topic won't help to fix it, but reporting the fault to a mod will. :rolleyes:

all i can say is we cant be everywhere....if theres a sig thats outside guidlines then a simple report can have us aware of it.

and yes, we do rely on the support of fellow members to help us :nod:

according to the rules, my sig is ok... but i saw one the other day and there must have been 30 lines of text, and they had posted multiple times in the topic
I think I saw that one too. If not the same one, at least a similar one that was in a thread that had popped up through "similar topics". It took me a second to realize that the thread and posts were over 4 years old and that the member with the huge sig hadn't posted in 4 years. I removed the thread as it was mainly junk anyway.

As mentioned, signatures can but turned off so you don't see them at all. It is certainly withink your rights to report any sig that is outside the size/space guidelines or is in violation of any other fourm rules. They will be looked at. For me personally, I guess I have let some sigs go that were in violation of the rules. I usually have only contacted a member if they were way outside (very wide or 10 plus lines, something to that effect). I (Probably the mod team in general) certianly don't want to be the "signature police" and spend all my time searching for 6 line sigs to make someone change them. That's certainly not why I'm a member or mod here.

In any case, we have discussed signatures in the mods section. One suggestion was brought up about what another board used. Apparently they have a box that is something like 600x300 pixels. In it, members can put anything (within the guidelines of the forum of course) they want, photos,, text, etc. If it is too big, it just gets truncated and only partially shows. Apparently this option is available for our software but as a 3rd party application and William is reluctant to add it on as the next upgrade is due out soon.

Bottom line is that if you know your sig is outside the guidelines, please change it. Don't leave it "just because so and sos is also too big". We don't like having to tell someone they have to change them as we just come off as looking like we're picking on them while countless other sigs that are worse than theirs are left as is. And if your sig is too arge beause you have your complete tank and stock list in it, put it all in your profile under "My Aquariums and Fish" and then simply put a link to there in you sig.

Is the UKAPS sig acceptable? It IS a competing forum. I thought the rule was 'no links to other sites'. I know someone else just recently had their signature pulled for linking to another board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back