Sick Plec

Tolak

Gun Toting Lunatic
Reaction score
I have a 10" plec that seems to have fin rot by the description on this site. My tank parameters are-
p.h. 7.2
am. 0
nitrite 0 g.h.
g.h. 233
k.h. 143
temp. 78f

Tank size 48"x12"x20"- 55gal.
hang on back power filter with 2-24" bubble tubes along back
tank mates are-
1-8" plec
1-6" plec
3- adult platys
3- 1/2 grown platys
7- platy fry

All other fish seem to be healthy

The sick fish has ragged fins, and slightly sunken belly, which I noticed yesterday.

I have a 10 gal tank which has 2 platys and some sort of algie eater that has been running for years. Would it be possible to use this tank as a quarintine tank temporarily for a fish this large? They are already cramped in the 55 gal tank, as the 12" dimension should be minimum of 20" for a fish this size. This is something I have to look into, as I got the larger tank from my father a few months back, plecs only, no heater, poorly maintained in general. I cleaned it up and the water has been stable for better than 2 months, and I read that adding antibiotics to the tank can throw water parameters for a loop.

I am a total newbie with this larger tank and larger fish, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Tolak

Sorry, I forgot to add 20% water changes every 7-10 days, adding declorinater drops to city water, siphonvacing about 1/2 of the gravel alternatly each time.

Tolak

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back