Sick Honey Gourami - Buoyancy troubles

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi everyone,

I do not know what is happening, but the female is having troubles swimming now as well! She was a bit off yesterday already and I gave her a 10min bath. Right now she is in a new bath again, but I put a bit more salt in and will bath her a bit longer.

I did not feed her yesterday, but the day before she ate pea quite happily. Gosh, I am really annoyed, she is my favorite fish. :( That it hit my male first and now her makes me think that it is something contagious and not simple constirpation. Ah dang :(

James, I am really sorry to hear of your loss. Did you buy your fish already? I was quite lucky when I went, they were all golden honey gouramis and I picked out the only female. All the others were males. She had a bit of a dark stripe behind her eye, but it is not always visible.

Yes. I managed to get a sexed pair, they were together in the LFS and are now together in my tank! Mine are also gold honey Gourami. They both seem to be settling in well.

I’m sorry to hear that you have another sick one, I have a suspicion that mine forged themselves on catfish sinking pellets that maybe had too much protein. Though the flake I feed them has a similar protein content. I am considering purchasing some vegetable flake food to see if that will prevent the same issue in the future, but the 2 I have now seem to spend a long time grazing on algae in the tank (even some that looks a bit like black beard).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back