Sick Common Pleco and Platy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just about all fish medications can kill fish if too much is added to the tank or the fish is extremely unwell to begin with.

Clamped fins can be from poor water quality or bacterial, fungal or protozoan infections. Poor water quality being the most common cause.

All of my water parameters are normal. I'm doing water changes. I can't think of anything else that would cause this.

Is this something that could happen to the pleco who is in the same water?

The platy had no external signs of anything, except some white spots. I don't know if it was ick , though, because the spots weren't all over her body and it was only a couple of them.

I had a couple of ppl look at the platy and they said that she looked fine. She really didn't appear sick.

I want to make sure that this wont happen to my other fish since I am going to add more to my main tank.

don't add any new fish to any tanks until everyone has been fine and happy and health for at least 1 month,. If you have a quarantine tank you can put new fish in that now and keep them separate for a month, but don't put anything new into the main display tank until everyone in it has been good for a month.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back