Sick black moor

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Janice

Reaction score
:sad:
A while back I purchased 2 black moors, 3 weeks later I discovered a type of fungus growing on one, I went to my lfs and they gave me the medicine that they use and recommend, I followed the instructions carefully but to no avail, the fungus ended up looking like mould that grows on bread, blue and whitish, I lost one of the fish. 4 weeks now I have been fighting to get the other one back to good health, I feel as if I am fighting a losing battle.
I have done 50%, 20% water changes and followed the instructions with the meds. The fungus is still there around the tail and doesn't seem to be going. I was so p**d off at the weekend that I put the fish out into my small pond and completely cleaned the tank, even boiled what could be boiled.
Is there anything else that I can do???
The fish is swimming around ok and feeding fine, in fact I think it got on better out in the pond.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to lose the wee guy as he is such a fighter. We don't want to be beat. :no:

What medication did you use? What are the water parameters? Are you still treating?

Fluffy, cotton-like, fungal growths that occur in patches, or an overall diry appearance to the skin? fungus affects areas of the fish where the protective mucus coating has been damaged. Secondary fungal infection to an existine wound or site of parasitic infection, or poor water quality are the causes, it can also oringinate from White Spot. Treat the whole tank with a fungicide to cure the outbreak. Determine the cause of the problem, such as poor water conditions or injuries, and rectify it.

not many details to go on here ,ie filter type airiation etc,blackmoors seem to be the main victims of disease and illness more and more due to the fact that there so far inbred they have a very poor imune system ,id advise anyone new to fish keeping to avoid these fish eventhough they are nice to look at,thats just my view of course but there more bother than there worth which is a shame becouse its not the fishes fault :sad:

Most reactions

Back