Sick betta! :(

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Salt is not good for mystery snails, it can kill/stress them. Do you have any other tanks you can move him to, instead of a unheated tank?

Salt is not good for mystery snails, it can kill/stress them. Do you have any other tanks you can move him to, instead of a unheated tank?
No, my brother has a 1 gallon tank for his tetra fish I could use but again his is unheated! Would I be able to clean the tank and just use the heat method? Would it survive in 84 degree water?

I personally wouldn’t risk it. Our mystery snail can and will survive in an unheated tank, just make sure to move him back over ASAP. ;)

Don't move anything out of the tank that is being treated because if there is a disease in that tank, you will spread it to the other tank.

Mystery snails are fine at 30C (86F).

------------------
If you are treating whitespot or velvet, you need the water to be 30C (86F). Anything less will let the parasites live.

Don't move anything out of the tank that is being treated because if there is a disease in that tank, you will spread it to the other tank.

Mystery snails are fine at 30C (86F).

------------------
If you are treating whitespot or velvet, you need the water to be 30C (86F). Anything less will let the parasites live.
Thank you! Moved him back in after I cleaned the water and salt out. Keeping it at 86 from now on!

Don't keep the temperature permanently at 86, that's only for treating whitespot. After 2 weeks turn it back down to ~78 deg.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back